I’ve temporarily suspended all of our regular trainings. However, you can find wonderful offerings on our classroom at Teachable, with many new — and less expensive (including some free!) options for end-of-life and death doula training topics, birth and parenting preparation doula trainign topics, parenting, lifestyle coaching, professional organizing, and homeschooling. To learn more, click here.
CHECK OUT OUR MODIFIED 5-in-1 CLASS
This is a *MODIFIED* version of our Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Professional Training, with limited admission, and significantly lower tuition. In this course the instructor will provide weekly group feedback, as opposed to individual in-depth discussion feedback of the Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training, plus it has one less competency area (five instead of six areas), and no coaching or teleconferences, though you could add coaching sessions separately, if there is availability. This structure allows us to dramatically reduce tuition on this offering. You will still receive access to a self-directed version of the Business Quick Start Class.
This 16 week program trains you in 5 Competencies:
- End-of-Life Doula
- Death Doula
- Death Midwife
- Mourning Doula
- Professional Re-Organizer/Post Loss Artifact Organizer
It also includes:
- Access to a self-directed version of the six week Business Quick Start training, in pdf format.
This session will require less assignments than our regular training program, and will likely require 2 hours per week less time commitment than our regular training. ENROLL EARLY, WILL FILL FAST!
Temporarily suspended. Click here to learn about our Pandemic Spring 2020 offerings.. – Online class. Only twenty-five sports. The Modified 5-in-1 Class is 16 weeks long but you may take up to 17 weeks to complete, allowing some flexibility for vacation or holiday plans. There is no class for the weeks of April 5 through 19th.
TUITION: Early Enrollment discount: Enroll by January 15th, 2020 and make 1 payment of $1650; OR 3 payments of $650 (totaling $1950). Enroll after January 15th, and make 1 payment of full tuition, $1850, or 3 payments of $700 (totaling $2100). If you’ve successfully completed the Liberty Training Program, you may receive a $400 discount on this training (Cannot be combined with any other discounts or savings); if you receive the credit and with to use the payment program, the payments will be reduced by $133.33 per payment.
Temporarily suspended. Click here to learn about our Pandemic Spring 2020 offerings..LIMITED CLASS: 25 students.Early Enrollment Discount: Enroll by June 15th, 2020 and make 1 payment of $1650; OR 3 payments of $650 (totaling $1950). Enroll after June 15th, and make 1 payment of full tuition, $1850, or 3 payments of $700 (totaling $2100). If you’ve successfully completed the Liberty Training Program, you may receive a $400 discount on this training (Cannot be combined with any other discounts or savings); if you receive the credit and with to use the payment program, the payments will be reduced by $133.33 per payment.
SPECIAL EDITION OF THE FULL 6-in-1 Training for Certification – 2020 Limited Enrollment: TWENTY-FIVE STUDENTS ONLY!
Laura is offering a deluxe version of the Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training in 2020, open to just ten students. The course trains you in all six competency areas:
- End-of-Life Doula
- Death Doula
- Mourning Doula
- Death Doula
- Professional Re-Organizer/Post Loss Artifact Organizer
- “What’s next?” post loss coachAnd prepares you to:
- Host death and end-of-life discussion groups and information session
- Includes: Self-led Six Week Business Quick Start Class in addition to 20 week training program, 3 online class teleconferences, and 1 private life phone-based coaching sessions with Laura PLUS access to a self-directed class on Creating Amazing Info Sessions.
This session involves individualized instructor attention in the online classroom, with extensive feedback. Again, Laura will only be accepting twenty-five students. We encourage you to apply early. Class is 20 weeks long, followed by 6 week Business Quick Start and the self-directed Creating Amazing Info Sessions course, and includes the phone-based coaching session, and the teleconferences. ENROLL EARLY, this class will fill quickly!
Temporarily suspended. Click here to learn about our Pandemic Spring 2020 offerings..
Birth Bereavement Training Class
Train to provide post-miscarriage and stillbirth support, and doula support during stillbirth delivery. This twelve week course includes not only doula training, but life coaching applied training, as well. Provides the following:
Certification in the following Competencies:
- Stillbirth doula support
- Post-miscarriage & stillbirth bereavement postpartum doula support
- “What’s next?” post loss coaching
- Post-loss artifact management, for helping clients navigate dismantling nursery, etc.
And learn how to:
- Host info sessions
- Host bereavement buddy sessions
Start Date: TBD Tuition $650 ($50 discount to those who have completed the Momdoulary Project Liberty Death Doula Training; $50 to those who have completed the Momdoulary Project Liberty Birth Doula Training; the Project Liberty discounts CAN be combined with one another, but not with any other discount).
PROJECT LIBERTY DEATH DOULA TRAINING CLASS — YES, TUITION FREE TRAINING!
Temporarily suspended — but there are other wonderful options, including free trainings! Click here to learn about our Pandemic Spring 2020 offerings..
This course is the result of Laura’s commitment to social supports for all. Upon considering how to create a better cultural relationship with Birth and Death, Laura realized the key was to creating birth and death doula supports available to all, via a free online training. If you wish to provide End-of-life and death doula support to friends and family, this course will give you the basics. Unlike our other trainings, it is entirely self-directed; you won’t have direct engagement with the instructor, but you WILL have extensive material, and you will have an automated response to your answers in class, so if you make an error, you will learn what the proper answer was, and why. This class IS intensive, and you will find all the content of our former 3-in-1 End-of-Life and Death Doula Training program here, tuition-free.
If you are looking to work as a doula, you are encouraged to enroll in one of our full-program courses following this training — you will receive a $500 discount on the tuition for either the 5-in-1 Modified Death Doula Training, or the Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training, regular or Special Edition, if you’ve successfully completed the Project Liberty training. The tuition-based courses will take you even deeper into the material, provide instructor engagement, and introduce you to the business side of the material, while also adding on 2 or 3 more areas of certification, providing a more comprehensive scope of offerings; the tuition-based coursesalso offer Momdoulary Method Certification, which can help demonstrate a scope and standard of practice for your clients; the Project Liberty Class DOES NOT offer Momdoulary Method Certificaiton, but it DOES provide a Certicate of Completion, demonstrating you’ve completed the training.
The Project Liberty Death Doula Course:
Not ready for our Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training For Certification or Modified 5-in-1 Training, but want to begin working with family and friends as a death doula? Then our Project Liberty Death Doula Certificate Course, which reflects our investment in cultural education related to death and end-of-life support and education, may be the right fit for you.
Built around the unique coaching-based doula methodology found in our Complete 6-in-1 and Modified 5-in-1 Trainings, this is a self-directed ten-week online class, which will provide the basics of end-of-life and death doula basics, plus an introduction to home funeral doula support. This is a “lite” version of our trainings in these areas, but you may well find it suits your needs. If you find you want to take your work deeper, completion of this course will allow for a $500 discount from our 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 death doula trainings. You can also opt to take add on courses in the areas of Life Review Intensive, Self-Care for Care Professionals, Death Doula Discernment, and Creating Amazing Info Sessions to Market Your Business for only $70 per course, and the Business Quick Start Course for Doulas, for only $99, a special discount for those who have participated in the Project Liberty Program.
This training walks you through the basics of providing support in three areas:
- End-of-Life Doula – an introduction to providing physical, emotional, and informational support to healthy and infirm individuals as they explore end-of-life options, how to document them, and how to begin discussing their choices with loved ones.
- Death Doula – an introduction to providing physical, emotional, and informational support to those dying. Learn how to hold death preparation meetings, and discover the basics of our powerful Life Review Process so you you help your clients create powerful connections across their life story, enabling them to write even more powerful closing chapters; learn how to provide support at a death vigil, and how to support loved ones who are present.
- Mourning Doula – providing physical, emotional, informational, educational, and logistical support to families who have just lost a loved one. Prepare to provide support and advocacy as family moves through the hours and days following a loss. You can provide protection at this sensitive time, and provide useful information, while supporting the family as they make more deeply conscious decisions in their time of grief, helping ensure they explore and execute best-fit choices for funeral, disposition, and a meaningful goodbye for the person they are grieving. Class covers enough elements of our Home Funeral Doula training to enable you to provide basic support for home funerals, too.
The Momdoulary Project Liberty Death Doula Certificate could be your key to starting down the path toward a more empowered engagement with life and death, and an ability to support those you love during some of the most important moments of their lives, while also allowing you to explore whether or not this is potentially a goodcareer path for you. It will allow you to combine any or all of the skills you learn in order to provide flexible service and support options as you begin working as a Death Professional.
ON-LINE TRAINING CLASS INCLUDES
- Training covering basic Mourning Doula, Death Doula, and End-of-Life Doula training
- Understanding of burial, natural burial, direct burial, home burial, cremation, direct cremation, alkaline hydrolysis, and other alternative options
- History of modern funeral industry
- Ethics, standard of practice, and more
- Memorial options
- The Funeral Rule
- Understanding the early hours of grief
- Researching & understanding your local rules, laws, options, and implied rules
- Exploration of rites and rituals surrounding death and the funeral industry, including cultural awareness
- Understanding add-ons and options (flowers, caskets, urns, and more)
- Basics of Self-Care in the Grieving Period
- Providing support for the home funeral
- The Life Review Process
- Providing support at the death vigil
- Introduction to Understanding & Utilizing the Coaching Model
- Boundary setting for coaches & doulas
- And much more!
* This is a certificate class, not a certification training. Upon completion you will receive a certificate stating you have satisfactorily completed the Momdoulary Project Freedom Death Doula Training. You can technically use these skills to work in the field (so long as you meet any local area licensing requirements; only a small number of areas require licensing at this time), though we do recommend you take our fuller training, to provide more comprehensive support. Completion of this training will allow you to list on your website and in promotional materials that you are a graduate of our program, but you cannot state that you are “Certified” in our method.
For many, however, this program will be enough to give them confidence in their ability to create important supports for family and family at difficult times.
* Terms and conditions apply.