Imagine if you could find a way to shape the most powerful story possible with the chapters of your life that yet remain unlived? Imagine if you could see your story through the eyes of a master storyteller, if you could tease out the delicate themes running through your life, if you could understand it as the powerful the storyteller would see, the tale you’ve starred in. Imagine how useful it would be to recognize themes and arcs you never noticed before, and what you could do with that information as you look at how to best use your remaining time here.
If one were to make a film about your life, what would it be? How would a script-writer shape your story, so the viewer would best understand the life you’ve lived thus far? And – with that perspective – what remaining themes would you want to see actively fleshed out, who would populate the chapters that remain, and where would they play out?
WHY DOES THIS MATTER?
This matters because of the power and satisfaction that can be found in understanding the deeper themes of our lives, and the freedom it gives us to create more satisfying future lines in our story, for having the wisdom that is found when we discover those threads.
The minutes of our lives spill quickly through our fingers, turning fast into hours, days, months, years, and ultimately, decades. With each of those decades, life seems to spin by faster, and we can all too easily to lose sight of the fact that we are the consummate storyteller-in-motion, for each of those minutes that slip by play a role in our story, our chapter in the Book of Humanity. And that story? Matters. Yet all too often, we feel disconnected from it, failing to realize the breadth of life we’ve lived.
Each moment – each one – lived becomes a word or line in our tale, each choice and experience, every action and inaction alike, becomes a part of the whole. And oh, what powerful stories we tell with those moments, even if we fail to see the bigger picture when in the thick of the more minute increments of time!
Each of us is a gorgeously mixed bag of action, adventure, drama, comedy, and endless twists and possibilities, no two stories exactly alike, each of us putting our personal stamp on our tale, shaping its uniqueness, keeping it fresh.
Yet too often there’s a tendency to feel that beyond maybe a couple of over-arching themes we loosely slap a label on (parent, teacher/lawyer/scientist/firefighter), much of our life story feels more like a random series of disconnected events, tied together with a few patterns shaped by recurring events such as holidays, births, weddings, and funerals. And yet, nothing could be further from the truth!
Dig a little bit more deeply, and you will discover that there are lovely themes spilling across each of our lives, and those themes help us more fully understand the context of the years – and stories – we have lived. In fact, identifying those patterns and the story they weave can empower us to write the most powerful chapters imaginable, with the life that yet stretches out before us, whether that’s four weeks, four years, or four decades.
The Momdoulary Method Life Review process is one of the most popular and powerful tools our Momdoulary Certified Doulas use with clients, a process which helps folks walk through their life history with fresh perspective. Now you can experience a version of the process yourself. The course covers the following, in a self-directed program:
- Follow a guided path of reminiscence, designed to help you identify and record some of the more relevant moments of your life story.
- Choose your form of expression: You can journal, scrapbook, or collage the process as you go, or just make a bullet pointed list – whichever you feel most comfortable with. Some draw upon their creativity, others take more of “just the facts!” approach; which you follow is entirely up to you.
- Take a tour through the data you’ve highlighted, to identify themes and patterns.
- Next we flip our perspective, to discern our story from other viewpoints, to help you see it even more clearly.
- You begin to build the story of your life, with you as the hero or heroine, and you flesh out all of the details according to both memory and the themes you’ve identified, to create a more powerful understanding of your life story, starring you.
- Explore possible future story-lines that can as of yet play out, and how to write the most powerful chapters possible, in the time and with the options that remain.
The Structure of The Course
You will be enrolled as a student in our state-of-the-art virtual education platform, where you will work independently, moving through each of the four modules. You will have six weeks in which to complete the course, working at your own pace. The modules open one each week, across the first four weeks. The class will contain the following formats:
- Weekly course online chapter, essentially an online textbook guiding you through the process.
- Audio podcasts.
- Links to videos, articles, and other resources.
- Assignments designed to allow you to work through the process.
- Access to a private facebook group throughout the duration of the six week program, where you can post thoughts and ideas, and connect with others taking the course.
NOTE FOR DOULA & COACHING PRACTITIONERS: This class is NOT for doulas & practitioners, and shouldn’t be viewed as a short-cut to completing or skipping doula/coach training, it leaves out a number of components the doula or practitioner should know if they’re looking to work with clients on Life Review. Please note our enrollment agreement includes acknowledgement that this is not to be utilized in working with others unless you’ve taken the Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training or the Modified 5-in-1 Death Doula Training, and includes a professional non-disclosure component.
ENROLLMENT: REGULARLY $109; you will have the option to participate in this for the $20 per month End-of-Life Course membership or as part of the $34 per month Birth, Death Life Course membership options, at our Momdoulary Classroom on Teachable — click here to learn more.
Enroll now, limited seating. Once your application is accepted, you will receive an Enrollment Agreement via email, which you can sign through the third party digital signature company we use, along with an invoice to pay the tuition fee. Thereupon your enrollment will be complete.