CHECK OUT OUR MODIFIED 5-in-1 DEATH DOULA TRAINING CLASS
If you generally like to work *mostly* independently, but want a bit of structure and some group feedback, this is the class for you. You can opt to engage with other students – or not. You submit assignments, but receive group feedback, instead of the one-on-one of the Special Edition 6-in-1 Class. This allows for a lower tuition, while still letting you access the same great training materials.
This is a *MODIFIED* version of our Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Professional Training, with limited instructor feedback, and significantly lower tuition. In this course the instructor will provide weekly group feedback, as opposed to individual in-depth discussion feedback of the Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training, plus it trains you in 5 competency areas, rather than 6; additionally, there are no coaching sessions or teleconferences. You will still receive access to a self-directed version of the Business Quick Start Class.
This 16 week program trains you in 5 Competencies:
- End-of-Life Doula
- Death Doula
- Home Funeral Doula
- Mourning Doula
- Professional Re-Organizer/Post Loss Artifact Organizer
It also includes:
- Access to a self-directed version of the six week Business Quick Start training, in pdf format.
ON-LINE TRAINING CLASS INCLUDES
- Training covering basic Mourning Doula, Death Doula, End-of-Life Doula, Home Funeral Doula, Professional Organizing Skills as applied to Personal Artifacts
- Understanding of burial, natural burial, direct burial, home burial, cremation, direct cremation, alkaline hydrolysis, and other alternative options
- History of modern funeral industry
- Ethics, standard of practice, and more
- Memorial options
- The Funeral Rule
- Understanding grief
- Researching & understanding your local rules, laws, options, and implied rules
- Exploration of rites and rituals surrounding death and the funeral industry, including cultural awareness
- Ergonomics & Body Mechanics for the doula professional (to take care of yourself while caring for others)
- Food Handler safety (connection to external online program)
- Understanding add-ons and options (flowers, caskets, urns, and more)
- Basics of Self-Care in the Grieving Period
- Scheduling & lifestyle management for doulas
- Understanding & Utilizing the Coaching Model
- Boundary setting for coaches & doulas
- Professional Organizing Basics
- And much more!
*Note that in some areas additional licensing requirements must be met to work in these areas.
** Qualifying exam must be passed with a minimum grade of 70%. Upon completion of training requirements you are eligible to submit a Certification Packet to Momdoulary Method, LLC.
TO BECOME A MOMDOULARY METHOD, LLC Multi-CERTIFIED MOURNING, DEATH & END-OF-LIFE DOULA, HOME FUNERAL DOULA, & ARTIFACTS ORGANIZER you must meet ALL Certification Requirements. To view Certification Requirements, click below. TO APPLY FOR TRAINING, SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Class temporarily suspended; see our pandemic offerings here. – Online class. Only twenty-five sports. The Modified 5-in-1 Class is 16 weeks long but you may take up to 17 weeks to complete, allowing some flexibility for vacation or holiday plans. There is no class for the weeks of April 5 through 19th.
TUITION: Early Enrollment discount: Enroll by January 15th, 2020 and make 1 payment of $1650; OR 3 payments of $650 (totaling $1950). Enroll after January 15th, and make 1 payment of full tuition, $1850, or 3 payments of $700 (totaling $2100). If you’ve successfully completed the Liberty Training Program, you may receive a $400 discount on this training (Cannot be combined with any other discounts or savings); if you receive the credit and with to use the payment program, the payments will be reduced by $133.33 per payment.