CHECK OUT OUR MODIFIED 5-in-1 DEATH DOULA TRAINING CLASS
This is a *MODIFIED* version of our Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Professional Training, with limited instructor feedback, and significantly lower tuition. In this course the instructor will provide weekly group feedback, as opposed to individual in-depth discussion feedback of the Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training, plus it trains you in 5 competency areas, rather than 6; additionally, there are no coaching or teleconferences, though you could add coaching sessions separately (click here to learn about working privately with Laura). This structure allows us to dramatically reduce tuition on this offering. You will still receive access to a self-directed version of the Business Quick Start Class.
This 16 week program trains you in 5 Competencies:
- End-of-Life Doula
- Death Doula
- Home Funeral Doula
- Mourning Doula
- Professional Re-Organizer/Post Loss Artifact Organizer
It also includes:
- Access to a self-directed version of the six week Business Quick Start training, in pdf format.
ON-LINE TRAINING CLASS INCLUDES
- Training covering basic Mourning Doula, Death Doula, End-of-Life Doula, Home Funeral Doula, Professional Organizing Skills as applied to Personal Artifacts
- Understanding of burial, natural burial, direct burial, home burial, cremation, direct cremation, alkaline hydrolysis, and other alternative options
- History of modern funeral industry
- Ethics, standard of practice, and more
- Memorial options
- The Funeral Rule
- Understanding grief
- Researching & understanding your local rules, laws, options, and implied rules
- Exploration of rites and rituals surrounding death and the funeral industry, including cultural awareness
- Ergonomics & Body Mechanics for the doula professional (to take care of yourself while caring for others)
- Food Handler safety (connection to external online program)
- Understanding add-ons and options (flowers, caskets, urns, and more)
- Basics of Self-Care in the Grieving Period
- Scheduling & lifestyle management for doulas
- Understanding & Utilizing the Coaching Model
- Boundary setting for coaches & doulas
- Professional Organizing Basics
- And much more!
*Note that in some areas additional licensing requirements must be met to work in these areas.
** Qualifying exam must be passed with a minimum grade of 70%. Upon completion of training requirements you are eligible to submit a Certification Packet to Momdoulary Method, LLC.
TO BECOME A MOMDOULARY METHOD, LLC Multi-CERTIFIED MOURNING, DEATH & END-OF-LIFE DOULA, HOME FUNERAL DOULA, & ARTIFACTS ORGANIZER you must meet ALL Certification Requirements. To view Certification Requirements, click below. TO APPLY FOR TRAINING, SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
October 2016: LIMITED ADMISSION CLASS: 15 students. October 9 – Feb 12 (no class Thanksgiving Week; no class last two weeks of 2016).
March 6, 2017. – 10 seatsONLY 2 SEATS REMAINING. Class is 16 weeks long but you may take up to 17 weeks to complete, allowing some flexibility for vacation or holiday plans.REGISTRATION FOR THE MARCH 2017 CLASS WILL BE OPEN FROM NOVEMBER 22 THROUGH DECEMBER 1, 2017 and if spots remain, from FEBRUARY 9 through February 20.
June 11, 2017. – 10 seats Class is filling fast!. Class is 16 weeks long but you may take up to 17 weeks to complete, allowing some flexibility for vacation or holiday plans.REGISTRATION FOR THE June 2017 CLASS WILL BE OPEN FROM February 9 THROUGH April 4th, 2017 and if spots remain, from May 5 through May 15th.
TUITION: 1 payment of $1,450; OR 3 payments of $550 (totalling $1,650), with final payment due by no later than the fourth week of class. For other payment options, contact us.