Think that a career as a Death & Mourning Doula may be for you, but still on the fence about it? This class may be for you!
Join us for a 3 week class, in which we explore all of the following:
- Are you being called to this work? How to begin discerning whether your fascination with this industry may be a call to pursue a new career path
- Why are people needed in this role? What about hospice, funeral homes, etc?
- Are such doulas “anti” current services, such as funeral homes, embalming, traditional cemeteries, etc?
- Understanding the Momdoulary Death Doula-Related Certifications, and how the different roles are expressed; what does it look like to work in each of these roles?
- Why wrap all six certifications together? Why can’t I just take the one or two I’m interested in?
- Learn about the importance of the Momdoulary Method coaching model as the foundation for all six certifications
- Understanding the nature and intensity of the training; are you prepared to take it on?
- Exploring different ways to structure possible service offerings with the certifications
- Exploring your local area market; is it ready for a Death & Mourning doula?
- Are you ready to be self-employed? Understanding the challenges that come with working for yourself
- How will this work impact your lifestyle, and your family
- Are you prepared for the work/life balance challenges of this industry?
- Support systems
- Plus, discover if an online learning format is for you!
The class will include the following:
- Weekly online lesson “booklets” which introduce you to the topics
- Podcasts – audio recordings from your instructor, founder of Momdoulary Method/CEO of Momdoulary, LLC, Laura Saba, further exploring the topics, and offering considerations you should assess carefully before making the leap
- Articles and videos
- Class forums, where you post your answers to assignments and questions, and discuss the topics with your instructor and classmates
- A 30 minute coaching session once class is over, if you need additional assistance with Discernment.
- Class fee may be credited toward enrollment in the 6-in-1 Death Doula Training program, if you enroll within 12 months of the Discernment class
- A phone-based coaching session with Laura, our founder, to explore your questions and concerns (requires you to call her in the US)
Three weeks, $109 AND tuition can be applied to enrollment in the Modified or Complete Death Doula Training if you enroll within 12 months of taking this course.
Next date TBD; check back soon!
[gravityform id=”7″ title=”true” description=”true”]