The Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training
Train for a New Career in Under a Year
LIMITED ENROLLMENT! Enroll soon, fills fast
This is the most unique training & certification program of its kind. The Momdoulary Method Online Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Certification prepares you for 6 competency areas, and the training is robust, preparing you to both help your clients and tackle the business and marketing realities necessary to make a successful go at this career.
The program is built around a unique coaching model that trains you to facilitate a better informed, more conscious and supported engagement with death and funeral, helping your clients discover the best-fit solutions and supports possible. The basic part of the training is 20 weeks long, but it also includes a complementary 6-week self-directed Business Super-Start Class, and in the Special Edition offering below, many more supports, too.
Preparing you to work within six competencies allows you to maximize both your serviceability and your potential revenue, so that you can earn a reasonable wage while serving people in a way that continually gives back.
You will be working as a facilitator of a more conscious and informed engagement with death, through the following Six Competency Areas:
Work as a Mourning Doula– providing physical, emotional, informational, administrative and concierge-style support to families in the hours and days following a loss
Work as an End-of-Life Doula – providing physical, emotional, and informational support to healthy and infirm individuals as they explore end-of-life options
Work as a Death Doula – providing physical, emotional, and informational support in the final weeks and hours of life, as well as working with our popular Life Review method
Work as a Home Funeral Doula – providing physical, emotional, and informational support for home funeral. Most especially, you learn to create and hold the space for the family to take ownership of caring for their dead.
Work as a “What’s Next?” Post Loss Coach supporting individuals as they make important changes following loss
Work as a Professional Organizer or Re-organizer, helping individuals dealing with material artifacts after losing a loved one.
Momdoulary Method Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training could be the key to a fulfilling and flexible career that helps you feel more connected to both your work and your community. Combine any or all of the skills you have to provide service and earn a living in a variety of combinations, allowing for maximum earning potential, as well as expansive ways in which to serve those who turn to you.
CURRENTLY WE ARE ONLY OFFERING THE SPECIAL EDITION VERSION OF THE COMPLETE 6-in-1 DEATH DOULA TRAINING. It prepares you for the six competencies, but includes a LOT of extras, and a lot of in-depth exchange with Laura. We are only enrolling ten students in the January class, and fourteen in the April class – enroll early, this class fills up FAST.
ON-LINE TRAINING CLASS INCLUDES (SPECIAL EDITION BONUS ITEMS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED)
- Training covering basic Mourning Doula, Death Doula, End-of-Life Doula, Home Funeral Doula, What’s Next? Post Loss Life Coaching, and Professional Organizing Skills
- Understanding of burial, natural burial, direct burial, home burial, cremation, direct cremation, alkaline hydrolysis, and other alternative options
- History of modern funeral industry
- Ethics, standard of practice, and more
- Memorial options
- The Funeral Rule
- Understanding grief
- Researching & understanding your local rules, laws, options, and implied rules
- Exploration of rites and rituals surrounding death and the funeral industry, including cultural awareness
- Ergonomics & Body Mechanics for the doula professional (to take care of yourself while caring for others)
- Food Handler safety (connection to external online program)
- Understanding add-ons and options (flowers, caskets, urns, and more)
- Basics of Self-Care in the Grieving Period
- Scheduling & lifestyle management for doulas
- Understanding & Utilizing the Coaching Model
- Boundary setting for coaches & doulas
- Professional Organizing Basics
- Six Week Business Quick Start Class
- Access to a bonus class: Create Amazing Information Sessions To Promote Your Business
- 4 online webinars with Laura
- 2 live phone-based coaching sessions with Laura following your certification – for extra encouragement and support when you’re out there starting your business
- Access to our new class, Herbal Training for Death & Mourning Doulas
- an MP3 recording of feedback on your progress from Laura
- Access to a self-directed class in Advanced Life Review Support
- A self-directed class in Self-Care for the Care Professional
- And much more!
*Note that in some areas additional licensing requirements must be met to work in these areas.
** Qualifying exam must be passed with a minimum grade of 70%. Upon completion of training requirements you are eligible to submit a Certification Packet to Momdoulary Method, LLC.
TRAINING DATES AND TUITION FOR THE SPECIAL EDITION COMPLETE 6-in-1 DEATH DOULA TRAINING:
January 8, 2017. Online. Class is 20 weeks long, but you will have 22 weeks to complete it, to allow for any vacation or travel plans students may have. Business Quick Start Class will begin only after class has passed Qualifying Exam for the Six Certification areas.
April 23, 2017.Online. Class is 20 weeks long, but you will have 22 weeks to complete it, to allow for any vacation or travel plans students may have. Business Quick Start Class will begin only after class has passed Qualifying Exam for the Six Certification areas.
Tuition: One payment of $3,150; OR a downpayment of $500 and 3 payments of $1,000 (totaling $3,500), with final payment due by no later than the 6th week of class. For additional payment options, contact us.
NOTE: If you are an educator or institution interested in offering death and mourning doula training, we do offer the opportunity to bring our training to your institution – email us at email@example.com for more information. Do know that enrollees are required to sign an Enrollment Agreement that contains extensive non-disclosure/non-compete agreements, which prevent them from sharing or offering a similar training or certification program for doulas – as you can well understand, we protect our intellectual property!