Not ready for our Complete 6-in-1 Death Doula Training For Certification, but want to begin working as a death doula? Then our new ten week 3-in-1 Certificate Course may be the right fit for you.
Built around our unique coaching-based doula methodology found in our Complete 6-in-1 and Modified 5-in-1 Trainings, this is a self-directed ten-week online class, plus after successful completion, access to a new private facebook group, so you can exchange ideas and support with peers as you begin working with clients. Also includes access to our self-directed version of our Business Quick Start Class, so you can explore how to begin establishing service package options, pricing, marketing, building business to business relationships, social media and online marketing, and more.
This training walks you through the basics of providing support in three areas:
- Working as an End-of-Life Doula – providing physical, emotional, and informational support to healthy and infirm individuals as they explore end-of-life options, how to document them, and how to begin discussing their choices with loved ones.
- Work as a Death Doula – providing physical, emotional, and informational support to those dying. Learn how to hold death preparation meetings, learn our powerful Life Review Process so you you help your clients create powerful connections across their life story, enabling them to write even more powerful closing chapters; learn how to provide support at a death vigil, and how to support loved ones who are present.
- Work as a Mourning Doula – providing physical, emotional, informational, educational, and logistical support to families who have just lost a loved one. Prepare to provide support and advocacy as family moves through the hours and days following a loss. You can provide protection at this sensitive time, and provide useful information, while supporting the family as they make more deeply conscious decisions in their time of grief, helping ensure they explore and execute best-fit choices for funeral, disposition, and a meaningful goodbye for the person they are grieving. Class covers enough elements of our Home Funeral Doula training to enable you to provide support for home funerals, too.The Momdoulary 3-in-1 Death Professional Certificate could be your key to starting down the path toward a fulfilling and flexible career that helps you feel more connected to both your work and your community. It will allow you to combine any or all of the skills you learn in order to provide flexible service and support options as you begin working as a Death Professional.
ON-LINE TRAINING CLASS INCLUDES
- Training covering basic Mourning Doula, Death Doula, and End-of-Life Doula training
- Understanding of burial, natural burial, direct burial, home burial, cremation, direct cremation, alkaline hydrolysis, and other alternative options
- History of modern funeral industry
- Ethics, standard of practice, and more
- Memorial options
- The Funeral Rule
- Understanding the early hours of grief
- Researching & understanding your local rules, laws, options, and implied rules
- Exploration of rites and rituals surrounding death and the funeral industry, including cultural awareness
- Understanding add-ons and options (flowers, caskets, urns, and more)
- Basics of Self-Care in the Grieving Period
- Providing support for the home funeral
- The Life Review Process
- Providing support at the death vigil
- Introduction to Understanding & Utilizing the Coaching Model
- Boundary setting for coaches & doulas
- And much more!
* This is a certificate class, not a certification training. Upon completion you will receive a certificate stating you have satisfactorily completed training to work as an End-of-Life Doula, Death Doula, and Mourning Doula. You can use these skills to work in the field (so long as you meet any local area licensing requirements; only a small number of areas require licensing at this time). You can list on your website and in promotional materials that you are a graduate of our program, you just cannot use the word “Certified” in our method.
September 5, 2016 10 weeks Regularly $795; SPECIAL: Enroll between July 13-15 for only $550!!!
September 7, 2017 10 weeks Regularly $795; Early Enrollment Discount of $150 if you enroll by June 20th, 2017